Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of Class!

I attended my first few classes today. I don't yet have a finalized schedule, but I went to three of the classes that I am planning on taking. These classes are Ancient Philosophy (a 3rd level philosophy requirement), Classic Social Thought (if all goes well, this will be approved as a Sociology class which will fulfill my Social Science requirement), and Coastal Dynamics (a Natural Science course that I will be taking as an elective). As today was the first meeting in each of those courses, we didn't really do much other than speak briefly about what each course will entail during this semester. Tomorrow, I will be attending Contemporary Irish Poetry, an English course that we are trying to get approved as an Art/Literature requirement. I imagine that will be a pretty interesting course as well.

Of the three I attended today, I am most excited about my elective, Coastal Dynamics. It is a course that is partially based on field work. For this section we will go to the coast and do some surveying, gather samples, and do tests on various aspects of the samples. I don't know a lot about it yet, but as long as I decide to stay in it, i think it is going to be an awesome course.

I finally got around to taking a couple pictures of a few buildings on campus yesterday. Here they are! Enjoy! 

 
The ivy covered quad from the outside.

 
The quad on the inside. 

 
A different angle. 

 
My roommate Dan having an intimate moment with the lamppost in the quad.

 
Dan making a pose in the entrance way. 

 
Not exactly sure what this building is used for, but its covered in ivy and looks awesome. 

 
The cafeteria on campus. (I ate Subway today in between classes here).
Always,
Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment